Personal coaching is also commonly referred to as ‘life coaching’. Many clients turn to coaching when they feel ‘stuck’ or frustrated with a particular issue, dissatisfied with life or simply want to carve out time in a busy schedule to map out a new direction or to work consistently towards a goal. Life passes by so quickly and they want to make sure they are consciously getting the most out of life and themselves.
Whether it’s a couple of sessions to refocus and gain clarity or regular sessions to motivate you over a year, you the coachee decide what is discussed and what you want from the coaching.
For example, you may hire a coach personally to:
- Reconnect with what you want out of life and to feel more inspired
- Carve out a regular time to prioritise, strategise and focus on you
- Finally break free from an unhappy work situation or get out of a rut
- Identify a way forwards and embark on a plan with someone to encourage, motivate and challenge you along the way
- Build confidence or break through limiting beliefs or patterns
- Be accountable to someone to move you forwards faster and maintain momentum
- Kick start a career change or have support when starting a new business or venture
- Make time to focus on how to improve a particular aspect of life, such as your career, health, relationships or work/life balance
- Talk to someone who is non judgemental, objective and skilled at asking the right questions – allowing you to hear your own voice and stop ‘going around in circles’ thinking over the same issues with nothing changing